Welcome

Just thought I would warn you:
I can't spell.
I have no grammar skills.
I like to make a 2 sentence story go about 3 paragraphs.
Some people call that long winded, I call it thorough.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Can you go home?

They say you can never go home. I hope not. I'm about to jump into the car, drive 8 hours away to enjoy my 10 year reunion at my alumna mater. The best time in my life was the four years I spent at a small liberal arts college. I had the honor of making the best friends I had ever had, met my husband, became a leader to my peers and oh yeah, "got me a edumacation" (not in that order)! I grew into the woman I am today today there. I'm just a little worried I'm getting my hopes up for the great weekend and will end up being disappointed. It happened at my 5th year reunion. I was so excited to be there and ended up hanging out with people I live 5 minutes away from (so we all drove 8 hours to hang out when we could have driven 5 minutes.) I also realized that not everyone stays that same person they were years ago, living across the hall from you. People who I considered my best friends where different some how. Different goals, different life expectations.

It's now been 10 years and I'm scared of what I might find. I hope that if my expectations are appropriate, I will be surprised to have had a great time.

1 comment:

  1. So did you? I like this post. It was a mixed weekend for sure.

    ReplyDelete