Welcome

Just thought I would warn you:
I can't spell.
I have no grammar skills.
I like to make a 2 sentence story go about 3 paragraphs.
Some people call that long winded, I call it thorough.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Some parents are just amazing

I have been blessed with two amazingly healthy children. I do not have to worry about what my children eat, breath, touch or play with and have never been more grateful for this freedom until now. My friend/colleague got a call from the school nurse that her daughter had swallowed a peanut and the epipen had expired. The school was calling an ambulance. As you can imagine, as my friend was trying to leave, she was beyond hysterical to say the least. In the moment, I grabbed her keys and we ran down to her car. I hopped into the driver's seat and we were off to the school. While she cried, called the school nurse and kept in touch with her husband and family I drove.

When we got to the school, her daughter was in the ambulance scared but relieved that her mom was there. We then headed to the hospital. I parked her car and found her husband and family. My friend's husband was beside himself. He couldn't pull his ID out of his wallet he was so worried. I told him that his daughter was doing okay and then he and I (not Grandma or Great-Grandma) were asked to come back to see my friend and her daughter.

There we found my friend and her daughter. She had an oxygen mask on her face, which thinking about it now, brings tears to my eyes. My friend grabbed me and proceeded to tell me work that still needed to be done at the office. SERIOUSLY? But my friend can handle this. Once her daughter was in the care of the best pediatricians in the world, her mind went to all the million other things in her life that still needed to happen and delegates.

I look up to all those parents that have to deal with this or any other chronic child healthcare issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment